Dec 12, 2012

Report on November

October's earning were the lowest in over a year. I was particularly concerned because I know from the years I was selling on eBay that October is the month people start spending for Christmas. I can announce that November improved considerably on October, mainly because I spent a lot of October fixing what was wrong on my main site. I think I'm about 80% finished and I'm slowly recovering from being sandboxed.

Given that Google is the King of the Internet, I'm liking more and more the sites run by Google. In particular, blogger and youtube. For November my youtube earnings were the second highest earnings with Google adsense. So just this month I have now monetized all of my youtube videos instead of just a few, and I am trying to add new videos daily.  None of them have gone viral, but I live in hope.

Kindle books are very slowly trending down, November 2012 sales were 80% of November 2011 sales. I'm not worried because I'm expecting a huge peak in January. So I'm expecting that the seasonal low is now and not that Kindle sales are dwindling.

I'm finding that it's just getting more difficult to earn money online. I'm building real estate all the time and at the moment the rewards are not worth the effort I'm putting in. One answer is that I'm doing it wrong, but I actually feel there's a lot more competition. The more people who build websites, the less of a share there is to go round. The challenge for me is to see if I can get a larger slice of the share.

My "Make Money Online with HubPages" book has a new cover. Many people follow my links and look at the book, but few buy it. I'm hoping a new cover might help sales.

November's Amazon rewards were $260. A lot better than October, but not where I hoped I would be by now. My best sale in November was a sewing machine for nearly $1000, this one


And here's the link:
Brother PE770 (PE 770) Embroidery Machine w/ USB Flash Port and Grand Slam Package Includes 63 Embroidery Threads with Snap Spools + Prewound Bobbins + Cap Hoop + Sock Hoop + Stabilizer + 15,000 Embroidery Designs + Scissors (,170 Value)

The commission? $58.37. I just hope they don't decide to return it.


No comments:

Post a Comment