Sep 2, 2011

Looking back at August - part 2

Yesterday's post started to get a little too long for a blog (I figure my readers don't have the concentration for longer than about 200 words). So this is part 2 dealing with the money side of things.

Since I lost my Amazon account, I've been using Shareasale and LinkShare to try and earn affiliate money. I put a few adverts out from July 1st onwards then waited and didn't see any sales. Finally this week I had my first sale from both Shareasale and LinkShare. On ShareaSale I sold a $60 backpack and earned $7.20. On LinkShare I sold a 99c book and earned 6c in commission.

I had actually put my Amazon code in many, many places across the Internet and put Shareasale and LinkShare in just a few. Getting my first sales on each has inspired me to put the codes in a few other places. I was just about to give up with them, and now I am inspired to keep advertising their products.

Here are my Google earnings for August from highest to lowest

WebAnswers
HubPages
Best-Reviewer
Pleasanton Blog
My Own WebPage

My book Homeschooling Boys sold 75 books in August, having sold 15 in July (although it was published during July, so that was not a full month).

I'm unsure what to do next. Maybe I'll amend all my hubs, or maybe I'll work on my next book. i'll let you know at the end of September what I decided.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't waste my time on HubPages anymore - too unreliable - whether they even survive as a company is up in the air IMHO! Work on your own sites or books

    ReplyDelete