Jun 2, 2012

Looking Back at May

Firstly, May figures beat April figures. That means that every month I have made more than the previous month, since November 2011, so I feel I must be doing something right.

My biggest earners were my Kindle books. Second biggest is Amazon Associates at $150, but in May I also made $75 with 3 sales on Shareasale. I'm starting to like Shareasale more and more, it took 74 sales to get $150 on Amazon, but only 3 on Shareasale to get $75. I'd still like to make over $1000 per month for Amazon regularly, but that seems a long way off.

For Adsense, my biggest earner was WebAnswers, nothing else was significant. I still struggle to make anything half decent with Adsense.

I spent May writing my next Kindle book. I was aiming for 20,000 words in the month of May, and I wrote 12,000. so, while I still have a way to go, I'm pleased at what was actually written.

I also started a website, Audio Bible Tube where I read the Bible. Many people have said to me that they like my voice, and would I read scripture, so that is what I am doing here. At first I thought I'd not monetize it, and just put a paypal button on if anyone wanted to make a donation. I didn't like that, so there are Christian books linked to Amazon down the side of the page. I'm not doing this website primarily to make money, but thought I might make the occasional sale.

June is free for me, the homeschooling having stopped, so I plan to do a lot of writing and marketing, mainly work on my book as I'd like it ready for publication byt the end of the month.

Oh, I have jury duty too. Let's hope that doesn't last longer than a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment