Jul 6, 2011

How to Earn Money Online if You Live in California

How to Earn Money Online if You Live in California, Colorado, Illinois, North Carolina, Rhode Island, or Connecticut. These are the places Amazon no longer has their Affiliates program.

I've signed up for ShareASale.com and LinkShare They both deal with affiliate sales for a number of companies. For the last few days I've been changing my Amazon links to ShareASale or LinkShare products. Barnes and Noble is an affiliate with LinkShare, so if previously I advertised a book with Amazon, it's being changed to an affiliate with Barnes and Noble.

Right now, I haven't touched anything on HubPages. The staff there say they are talking to Amazon and may have an announcement soon. I really don't want to change all my adverts to something other than Amazon to then find out Amazon has a "B" plan. So I've been changing the ads on my own webpage, InfoBarrel and LivingSimply.

The best things about Amazon were that they sold almost everything and that most people already have an Amazon account. I would often advertise one product, someone would click the link and then buy a different product. You wouldn't believe how many books I advertised and how many laptop coolers I sold. Eventually I got the hint and wrote articles about laptop coolers and sold even more.

Now I'm advertising with one company for books and another for laptop coolers, I don't see how it can be as lucrative.

I've also struggled a little with the ShareASale and LinkShare sites, neither of which are as easy to use as Amazon. I spent all of one afternoon working out how to get a link for a Barnes and Noble book with LinkShare. But finally I managed it, and then made a video to show others how to do it. The thing about LinkShare is that you don't get the affiliate code in the same way for all merchants and that's why it's a little confusing.

Anyway, I loaded Barnes and Noble affiliate codes on Living Simply and recorded myself doing so. You can view the video here.





If you want to join ShareASale, please use this link
ShareASale.com

If you want to join LinkShare, please use this link
LinkShare

No comments:

Post a Comment